If your tanker is not used for a long time, you must do a good job of vehicle maintenance in advance. Why? Because long-term parking of oil tank trucks will cause oxidative deterioration of engine oil, antifreeze, brake oil, and other unexpected hazards. What should we do specifically? Let's have a look.
1. The first thing to do is to wash the vehicle. The oil tank truck is clean, so it is not easy to rust. All the electric circuits on the vehicle should be closed, the tire pressure should be set to the upper limit, and the vehicle should be moved several centimeters every two weeks, so as to prevent the tire from being pressed to the ground in a fixed position, resulting in the deformation of the steel wire in this part.
2. The antifreeze of the oil tank truck should be completely emptied, the oil should also be released, the battery should be closed after sufficient power, and it should be charged regularly during the parking period.
3. If the oil tank truck is parked in the garage, it is necessary to ensure normal ventilation and keep the air humidity below 70%. Lubricating oil or oil paper should be applied to rust-prone parts of vehicles, and components with gaps should be sealed to prevent moisture, air and dust from entering the interior.
4. When the oil tank truck is parked for a long time, the octane number of the fuel in the tank will decrease with the loss of light components and the increase of the colloid content, thus reducing its explosion resistance. Therefore, the fuel tank should be tightly sealed, and to avoid high temperature, fuel storage time should not be too long.
5. If conditions permit, tanker trucks are not used for a long time, it is better to find someone to start every other month or two to check the operation of the engine. If there are abnormal phenomena, timely maintenance and adjustment should be carried out.
6. Carpets in oil tank truck should be aired periodically because they absorb moisture easily, especially in wet areas and rainy seasons, and are more susceptible to dampness and mildew. Therefore, the driver of the tanker truck should check the carpet on the truck regularly and air it in time to keep it dry.
7. Batteries of tanker trucks should be checked regularly. The level of electrolyte must be 10-15 mm higher than that of the plate. Distilled water should be added in time when it is insufficient, sufficient electricity should be maintained, and batteries should be charged if it is necessary.